Company: Nicolae Gherasim
App Genre: Health & Fitness
Cardiogram: HR Monitoring is a health & fitness application developed by Nicolae Gherasim and available for download on the iOS App Store and Android Play Store. The app is compatible with iOS 14.1+ and Android 4.4+. It requires 3MB of free space for IPA (iOS) or APK (Android) installation.
Cardiogram is a modern minimalistic, reliable app that will help accurately monitor and record your heart rate in real-time to help keep track of your health and performance. Just power on your sensor and start the app - it’s that easy!
Cardiogram is one of the few apps that do not require you to create an account, all information is stored locally and thereby protected from any data leaks or privacy scandals. No personal data is sent to any servers, all the information is stored directly on your iPhone and Apple Health app only.
The app is integrated with Apple HealthKit to sync and record heart-rate data.
• full control over your data
• synchronise with Apple Health
• record your workouts (walking, running, cycling)
• no location services are used or required
• very low energy consumption
• no account is required
You can monitor and record your cardiac rhythm in a range of situations:
• During the day to detect heart rate anomalies;
• During sleep;
• During your preferred fitness workouts or cardio exercises;
• As a way of measuring stress or anxiety levels by measuring resting heart rate;
Cardiogram is compatible with a range of modern heart rate monitors with Bluetooth 4.0 (Smart or LE) available on the market.
The app has been tested using multiple heart sensors, including Polar sensors (Polar OH1, H10, and H7) with excellent and consistent performance results.
We recommend using Cardiogram app paired with:
Garmin HRM-Dual or Garmin HRM-Pro
Polar OH1, H10, and H7
Xiaomi Mi Band 3
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
R1 Blue Sigma Sport
CooSpo heart rate monitors
The app relies on a medical algorithm to automatically calculate heart rate limits and will display a warning signal when the maximum heart rate limit is reached.
Every session is recorded and can be viewed later in simple and easy to understand graph charts.
To reduce history view cluttering the app save only the sessions longer than 2 minutes. So, if you want to check your heart rate for a few seconds, you can do that, but will not be recorded in the history database.
Colour coded visual information during the workouts:
– Light green: Fitness Zone (50 to 60% of maximum heart rate). Workouts in this zone target the cardiovascular system, making them a particularly good choice for fitness newbies.
– Green: Fat-Burning and Aerobic Zone (60 to 80% of maximum heart rate). If you’re in the aerobic training zone, you’ll feel like you’re working hard but could still dig a little deeper. The body fuels the workout by burning carbohydrates and fats. The cardiovascular system, the lungs, and metabolism all benefit equally.
– Yellow: Anaerobic zone (80 to 90% of maximum heart rate). Workouts in the anaerobic zone are particularly good for building muscles (for weightlifters) and boosting performance (for endurance athletes). Interval training involves spending short periods in the anaerobic zone.
– Red: close to maximum heart rate for the user age (over 90% from the maximum hr). A heart rate in this zone can be very dangerous! Experienced competitive athletes do short intervals of training at this energy-sapping intensity under professional supervision to refine their performance shortly before a big event.
IT IS NOT THE INTENT OF THE APPLICATION TO PROVIDE MEDICAL DIAGNOSES OR TREATMENTS OF ANY KIND.
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANY MEDICAL DECISIONS BASED ON THE APP RECORDS BEFORE SEEKING A MEDICAL DOCTOR ADVICE.
Need help? Join our Cardiogram: HR Monitoring forum to ask questions, get help, and discuss the app with other users from around the world.
Cardiogram: HR Monitoring can also be downloaded from the following language pages:
Spain and Italy
To install the Cardiogram: HR Monitoring app on your PC (Windows 10/8/7), follow our guide on using Bluestacks to run APK files on your computer. If you're having trouble downloading Cardiogram: HR Monitoring, please share your issues in our forums. Our friendly community is always happy to help you install or download APK files.
If you enjoyed this app, check out our list of the best Cardiogram: HR Monitoring alternatives in 2023. And don't forget to share it with your friends too!
I love the simplicity of this app! Nothing being uploaded to 3rd party servers, no ads, and pairs up with Garmin HRM’s (I’ve used HRM-Pro, HRM-Dual). There are some features I’d like to see but then that would add complexity to a wonderfully simple app.