Company: Alexander Clauss
Genre: Social Networking
Updated Mar 20, 2021
NewsTap (Usenet Newsreader) is a social networking app developed by Alexander Clauss, and is available for download on both iOS and Android devices. The app is compatible with iOS 10.0 or later.
NewsTap is a powerful Usenet Newsreader for the iPad, iPhone and the iPod Touch.
- Optimized for offline usage, so you can read and write news articles without an internet connection
- It's easy and simple to subscribe, manage and read news groups.
- Filters (also known as "Killfile") can automatically mark articles as read or mark them with a certain color.
- The application fully supports the portrait and landscape mode.
- Support for binary groups (photos and other files). Photos and pictures can be displayed directly. It's possible to add photos into the photo album or open them in other Apps.
- Quotes are displayed in different colors. Colors are also used to distinguish between read and unread articles, filtered articles.
- Hyperlinks are automatically detected and can be opened in a web browser.
- Optimized article layout for the small iPhone display. The original article layout is also available.
- Navigate within the articles from within the thread view or simply by flipping to the next/previous article with your finger.
- A graphical „tree view“ visualizes a complete discussion and makes it super-easy to follow and participate discussions.
- It's possible to hide articles that are already read and to hide quotes.
- Sync the read/unread states of the articles using a „newsrc“ file with other usenet client. The sync can be done via SFTP, WebDAV, Dropbox and iCloud.
- Post new articles or send followups.
- Build-in help, which explains all the application features.
For more screenshots please look at the developers web site.
Need help? Join our NewsTap (Usenet Newsreader) Forum to discuss your questions, comments and more with other users from all over the world.
To install NewsTap (Usenet Newsreader) on your PC you need to have an android emulator to be able to run this app on your computer. We recommend using Bluestacks. How to use BlueStacks to run NewsTap (Usenet Newsreader) on PC/Mac.
NewsTap (Usenet Newsreader) is also available to download in the following countries: France
Liked NewsTap (Usenet Newsreader)? Don't forget to share with others.
It took SO long but finally we have a nice app, complete and finished! Thanks for this update. Late but excellent!