Company: Ankitects Pty Ltd
Updated Oct 06, 2019
AnkiMobile Flashcards is a productivity app developed by Ankitects Pty Ltd, and is available for download on both iOS and Android devices. The app is compatible with iOS 11.0 or later.
AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations with MathJax, and rendering LaTeX created with the computer version.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, certain changes like modifying note types need to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Please also note that while you can use almost any language on your cards, AnkiMobile's user interface is only available in English and Simplified Chinese at the moment.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see Apple's Volume Purchase Program.
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Need help? Join our AnkiMobile Flashcards Forum to discuss your questions, comments and more with other users from all over the world.
To install AnkiMobile Flashcards on your PC you need to have an android emulator to be able to run this app on your computer. We recommend using Bluestacks. How to use BlueStacks to run AnkiMobile Flashcards on PC/Mac.
Liked AnkiMobile Flashcards? Don't forget to share with others.
Metro commuter 1
I prepare the cards on my computer and can easily study from wherever I want to at any time. I can access the app from my phone, IPad or study from the website on my computer. It is easy to use as well!
I’ve been using this on my Mac and iPhone for a few years now and really love it. It’s made a huge difference in my learning and information retention. The support from the developer is also excellent.
I’ve been using AnkiMobile since 2018 to learn German and also at work to remember software details and heartily recommend it. The few times I’ve had trouble, the developer promptly and helpfully responded
I just started using this app and I like that it’s easier to use than the one on the computer but it doesn’t show me the images that I’ve pasted on my cards using my computer!!! How do I fix that??
This is by far the best Anki app and worth every penny. I’ve been using it for about 4 months daily, and it’s suited my needs for language learning perfectly.