Company: Suture Sound Inc.
Updated Dec 03, 2020
Flip - make music everywhere is a app developed by Suture Sound Inc., and is available for download on both iOS and Android devices. The app is compatible with iOS 10 or later.
Flip was designed for a fast and intuitive workflow. As soon as you record a sound it’s available to be played on drum pads as well as being mapped across a keyboard. Sounds can be subtly shaped or entirely transformed using the built-in effects and easy-to-use editing tools.
You can record a quantized or unquantized performance on the pads or keyboard. There is also a full piano roll where you can enter and edit notes and velocities.
Record knob movements or draw automation by hand to bring even more life to your sounds. Every automation lane can also have its own independent length, for polymetric and generative music possibilities.
Create up to 16 different sections for your song and drag and drop them into any order to create your arrangement.
Mixing and mastering tools allow you to finish a full track without ever leaving your phone. You can export your full track, or hit the tape icon and record the live output of the app while you tweak anything on the fly. Both options allow you to capture individual track stems as well!
A performance page lets you trigger your patterns live while controlling a global filter, assignable pitch bends and reverb sends, and a random fill generator.
Artist packs are available in-app at $3.99 or less, which include original sounds and projects from Andrew Huang, Cuckoo, Chuck Sutton, Kilamanzego, Pusher, and more on the way all the time.
- 9 track sampler
- 4 effects per track: Delay, Filter, Chorus, Bitcrush
- Graphic EQ per track
- Monophonic or up to 16-note polyphonic playback per sample
- Adjustable pitch, volume, playback direction, sample start and stop points
- 19 automatable parameters per track
- Independent lengths for each automation lane
- Automation can be recorded via knob movements or drawn by hand
- Drum pad and keyboard input
- Full piano roll with 10 octaves, note velocity, editing tools
- Randomization over sample selection for quick inspiration
- Randomization over note position to create surprising variations
- Drag-and-drop song arrangement page
- Global reverb with individual track sends
- Mixing and mastering tools
- Powerful performance features for creating instant fills, pitch shifts, reverb sends, and global low or high pass filtering
- Export full track and stems
- Live recording of performances
- Metronome with tap tempo and swing/shuffle
- Ableton Link integration for easy syncing with other devices over WiFi
- Share projects and sounds via AirDrop, email, etc.
- Undo and redo
Need help? Join our Flip Forum to discuss your questions, comments and more with other users from all over the world.
To install Flip on your PC you need to have an android emulator to be able to run this app on your computer. We recommend using Bluestacks. How to use BlueStacks to run Flip on PC/Mac.
Liked Flip - make music everywhere? Don't forget to share with others.
Love the app when it works. Still crashing all the time on iPhone XR when editing in sequencer.
Thanks you guys for all the awesome updates, you’ve created an amazing music tool. I know that with software there’s always room for improvement, but right know the app feels really mature.
Pod guy e
Get this app. Watch a few tutorials. Learn a ton, in a short amount of time, and pretty soon you’ll be making music! Easier on tablet than phone but great on both!
Andrew!!!! Nicely done man! Gonna up my sample game. Been playing with this for over an hour and I’m in love dude. DoPe!!! -the grumpy showman